Welcome to PSY PONG 3D
A three dimensional Pong clone made in C, using OpenGL/GLUT. It runs on GNU/Linux, but the code should be portable enough to run on other platforms.
- The game level will start at 1 (one), and will increase every two seconds.
- Everything in the game will be affected by the current level: player speed, ball speed, camera rotation speed, CPU player performance (if you play against it).
- During the game, the players may swap sides randomly, so watch out!
- There's an invisible warp hole when you pass beyond the floor wall, that will transport the player to the opposite side.
- The first player to score 5 points wins!
...are made to be broken!
- The game can start from a different level. To do that, just use the --level command line option, followed by the level you want. You can also stop the game level from increasing, by issuing the --no-inc option.
- OK, not everything is affected by the game level. If you wish, you can stop the camera from rotating, using the --no-rot option.
- Player warping and swapping, can also be turned off with the --no-warp and --no-swap options respectively.
- You can choose to win at a different score. To do that, just use the --limit option, followed by the score limit.
- Other game options can also be changed, like enabling full screen mode, changing screen resolution, or setting different floor, player and ball sizes.
- Use the --help option to see all the available options.
Besides the GNU tool chain and standard libraries, you also need:
- freeglut >= 2.4.0 or compatible
This game was created as a Computer Graphics class project at the University of Algarve.
Instead of storing the project in an obscure directory on my hard drive, I decided to share it on SourceForge.net :)
Feel free to contact me at: quetzyg [at] users [dot] sourceforge [dot] net